Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Amidst an Emotion

Emotion is a strong feeling over something or someone. It could be a happy feeling, it could be a sad feeling, it could be an anger and all that belongs to the feeling family. Emotions can be controlled. It can also be unexpressed. People should be emotionally healthy because sometimes it rules life...it ruins life if its excessively overflowing.

Just this week after workout, while I was at the locker room, I've heard the gym staffs talking about their co-staff who committed suicide(I was wondering who that staff was). Because I was a bit curious why it happened and who that staff was, I joined them in their conversation and they showed me a pitcure of the lady. And then, I remembered her. I kept asking things as if I'm a member of CIA. I've learned she killed herself because she's so depressed. She has two kids and her husband is so irresponsible. Her husband is jobless. Everytime she goes home she can't relax or even rest because she have to cook for the family and do household chores. I don't know how long has she been hiding her emotions. I asked her co-staffs if she's mentioned how worst the situation is. They couldn't believe their friend would just kill herself. None of her co- staffs knew what really happened. The news just came out.

It is really important for us to know until where can we stand amidst the emotions we have over a situation. What happened to that gym staff is that maybe she could no longer control her emotions together with her pessimistic views that she could no longer have a better life.

According to my favorite motivational authors, Stephen Covey, life is a matter of choice and not of destiny. And I believe in that. Few years back, I never gave importance to the chances I have. But I have realized that if I don't do something for myself I couldn't help others. In our life, we need an outlet for everything. I need my family and my friends, to whom I could tell everything I wanted to share. If I have problems, I don't need advices, rather, I just need an ear to listen to me to lighten my heavy heart. I need the Father the most because I could tell Him everything even in silence.

No comments: